Nutrition in Bloomington
Today’s media makes weight control and nutrition in Bloomington difficult and often unhealthy. It is not just exercise and it’s not just nutrition but a combination of the two as well as a healthy life. A healthy life consists of emotional, social and psychological health. Our Peak Health & Wellness team is here to help you make the right choices.
Living a Healthy Life in Bloomington IN
Between magazines, celebrities, television, talk shows, etc. knowing what to do and how to do it is overwhelming. Celebrity diets are not helping you. Calorie counting isn’t helping you. Diet pills are not helping you. You are hungry all the time. All of this just piles on more stress and emotion when another attempt fails.
We have decided to offer you some simple advice to making a healthy change in your diet and begin your journey to a better you.
- Be physically active. I’m not saying you have to be a marathon runner but being sedentary will not help you.
- Stay away from added sugar. Any food with added sugar offers little to no health benefits. Also, added sugar increases your risk for Type II Diabetes, heart disease, obesity, cancer and much more.
- Protein. You want to make sure you choose a variety of sources. Choose sources that contain as little saturated fat as possible such as poultry, beans and fish. Try to limit how much red meat you eat, especially processed meats.
- Stay on the low side of the glycemic index. This means eat more fruits, vegetables and wholes grains. All of these foods contain fiber, allowing you to feel full without all of the added fillers.
- Be carb smart. Make sure you are choosing carbohydrates that are rich in fiber, such as fresh fruits and vegetables, low in saturated fats, such as wholes grains, and low in cholesterol, such as legumes.
- Know the difference between good fats and bad fats. There are health types of fat believe it or not. They can be found in avocados and nuts.
We use MediHerb & Standard Process for our Nutritional Products.
Now remember, there is a lot to getting healthy and being health. Following these guidelines is a good place to start but just ask any of our doctors at Peak Health & Wellness in Bloomington for assistance and they can help personalize what is best for you.